Friday, November 26, 2010

Creature of habits

This Frog is a creature of habits. If I enjoy a restaurant's cuisine, then I do not mind coming over and over again and ordering (pretty much) the same dishes, even within a short period of time. So when my friend C. told me she would be in town for a couple of days and mentioned she wanted to have some Sichuan food, I knew immediately where I would take her... Yunyan Sichuan Restaurant (4/F Miramar Shopping Centre, 132 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui). Yes, "Boring" some of you will say, "you already reviewed this place 3 weeks ago, Froggie!!". Well, yes, but I happen to really LOVE the food at this place, you see... and with the cold winter in Honkie these days, I bet it won't be long before I return to get my fix of their wonderfully warming food ;-)



Sichuan style roasted marinated duck

One of the signature dished according to the menu. This was delicious - the meat was moist and juicy, with rich flavours of Sichuan spices, and the skin was crispy/sticky. I will definitely order this again.

Crispy chicken dice with spicy dried red chillies and Sichuan peppercorns

Another signature dish, still as good as ever. Delicious crispy chicken, and what a kick!

Staying on the beaten track again - Ma Po tofu (tofu with minced beef and chilli).

This has always been one of my absolute favourite dishes, and as I have said before, Yunyan's version could well be the best in town. Silky, almost creamy tofu cubes, tasty minced beef, and plenty of chilli oil and spring onions. I just could not stop spooning it over my steamed rice - delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment