Monday, January 10, 2011

Froggie Potter & the Alchemical Larder

I just came back from holidays today and finally got to open a Xmas pressie I was given just before leaving - "No peeking before the 24th!", said the cute wrapping, so I resisted an urge to strip it off and (im)patiently complied. Under the wrapping was a rather cryptic box, which didn't give me much of a hint as to what treasure may lie inside...



I opened the box to find the 16 cutest spice pots I have ever seen... I was already familiar with Laura Santtini's most popular product, umami, which I have become a great fan of, but was unaware of the rest of the company's product range, which is apparently quite fancy.





This set contains an assortment of various spices (Persian rose petals, Mediterranean lavender, nutmeg, devil's penis chillies, grains of paradise, saffron, smoked paprika, cacao nibs, sun dried bitter orange peel, pink peppercorn and sumac) and some interesting spices blends:

Carnal sin - Persian rose, magenta beets, sumac and pink peppercorn
White mischief - smoked China tea, jasmine and orange blossoms, chillies and Sichuan peppercorn
Salt of the Earth - salt from "faraway oceans" and flower petals
Renaissance stardust - salt, sugar and cinnamon
Furikake - black and white sesame seeds, shiso, nori seaweed

Each spice or mix comes with its own suggestions for use, and I will certainly report asap on my experiments.

A big hug to T. & J. for sourcing this wonderful and inspired gift - be prepared to come over for dinner more often ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment