Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cityboy: Beer and Loathing in the Square Mile (Geraint Anderson)



A most entertaining read, hilariously funny and sadly very close to the truth - many situations will sound strangely familiar to anyone who has worked in the Square Mile. This book got me laughing out loud on a plane, which earned me disapproving glances from fellow City-types sitting in buz class - yes I was the only chick in there and yes, I had the bad taste of being seen reading something else than the FT in public... Some will say it's a little bit too easy for the author to be spitting in the soup after having "enjoyed" the system for so long, I would still give him a few brownie points for opening is eyes, albeit a bit late... The book can be summed up in one quote - to become a big swingin' d!ck, you have to become a d!ck in the first place...

No comments:

Post a Comment